Charlotte Child Photographer // 5 Tips on How to Prepare Your Child for a Photo Session
1. Mentally Prepare. Let them know a week or so a head of time they are going to get their pictures taken. Maybe even practice a little at home. Talk about it and get excited together. Make it something they look forward to.
2. Schedule. This is no secret. Children are happiest when their bellies are full and well rested. I like to schedule children in the morning right after breakfast or after their afternoon/evening nap. Always consider nap time when scheduling your session.
3. Stranger Danger. Show them a few pictures of me. Head over to my ABOUT ME page and let them know a little bit about me. I have a few pictures with me holding my camera and smiling. That way when they see me with my camera they know exactly what I am going to do and I am a familiar face.
4. Bribery. A little bribery goes a long way. Set aside a special treat or adventure for doing well during their photo session. It could be as simple as letting them have their favorite dinner or spending time at their favorite park.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST...
5. EXPECATION. My goal is to capture the true personality of your child. With that being said... let all expectations go out the window. I will have a plan set but for the most part I allow children to have fun and be themselves. That's what makes capturing the milestones memorable.